jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the best books for pre-teens?

1. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

What are the best books for pre-teens?

2. hawaiianodysseus profile image81
    hawaiianodysseusposted 4 years ago

Hi, Amanda!

A classic book for young and old alike, something that I read and was deeply moved by as a young boy, is Madeline L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time." The genre is sci fi fantasy, but it truly is a moral fable with a familiar yet uniquely presented theme. I highly recommend it as a vintage must for all pre-teens.

Best wishes to you as you go in search for good reading for your pre-teens and/or other loved ones and friends. I think it's wonderful that you are taking a proactive stance in furthering positive literary experiences for today's youth.

Aloha!
    ~Joe

3. Raina Evink profile image60
    Raina Evinkposted 4 years ago

I think there are too many good books out there that are perfect for pre-teens and I've even written reviews about some on here. But I think my favorite top five are the Harry Potter series, of course, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini, The Secret Garden by Fances Hodgson Burnett, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.

4. cianeko profile image86
    cianekoposted 4 years ago

For me, "Charlotte's Web" by E.B White is one of the best reads that everyone should have before entering the adolescence stage. It is a story of true friendship, trust, courage and perseverance. Every teen needs these values in order to hurdle any difficulties that he/she might encounter even without the constant support from his/ her parents.

working