jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How can I fix the spelling on a URL?

1. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

How can I fix the spelling on a URL?

I tried asking this before, it seems to have disappeared (Twice). I have a word misspelled on my latest article's URL (It should be 'dormitory," not 'dormatory' ... yikes, how did I do that!) How can I fix that?  I seem to be able to edit everything but not that. Deleting and reloading my entire piece is not an option. Please help!  BTW, this form requires me to pick a topic but the ones here are not applicable.  Thanks,   Teri

2. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

You cannot do anything about that unfortunately. URLs cannot be edited. Only way to fix it is to start a new hub and copy the content into this new hub and delete the hub with the misspelled word.

1. stuff4kids profile image98
      stuff4kidsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is true. However, on the bright side - if it is a new hub that hasn't been indexed yet, it's not too onerous a task. smile

3. TeriSilver profile image98
    TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

I can't even start a new hub because it says the title is already in use ... the one I have.  That means,. even though I've put it on a PDF, I have to delete the whole thing so it may or may not work because I can still get the same No, you can't use that title message.  .  Not including the writing time for this piece, which was hours in itself over a period of time, the editing and laying in process took me 6 hours today .... 6 hours of absolutely wasted time because of one letter I cannot change.  How ridiculous is that!!!!!!!!!  You can tell., I am very, very upset right now.

1. lovebuglena profile image87
      lovebuglenaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, what if you try adding an extra word to the title, that is relevant to the content of course...Maybe that will work.

2. TeriSilver profile image98
      TeriSilverposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I ended up doing a do-over, which, luckily took less than the 6 hours it took before. Still, I am upset about it because.... this is something I think should be fixable, either by the author or by a HP boss. Ah, well ...

3. lovebuglena profile image87
      lovebuglenaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No matter what site you publish posts on you can't change the URL once you publish the post...so it's not just a HubPages thing.

working