jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Writing on various topics is this a good idea to gain traffic on hubs?

1. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Writing on various topics is this a good idea to gain traffic on hubs?

Writing on different topics to gain traffic can this approach work for everyone?

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 4 years ago

Your best bet is to spend more time writing on topics that you know a lot about. There isn't anything wrong with testing (and learning) new topics as you write about them, but I've found that the extra time and effort put into the learning curve on topics that I am not an "expert" about is usually wasted where traffic is concerned.

1. DDE profile image26
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering  and agree with you as well

3. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 4 years ago

I don't think it is a good idea but I know a lot of writers who do. I think it is much better to find a niche you are passionate about and only write about that.

1. DDE profile image26

You have a point about the correct niche as you can see i have so many topics and now don't know what to do thanks for answering

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I have at least four or five main topics about which I write. I'd try to follow billybuc's advice, but I don't think I know enough about any one thing to create a one topic niche. Sticking to the things I know and having those four or five main topics I think helps draw in different people because while they may not read medical hubs they may enjoy my writing or police hubs. So instead of having a set number of people view only hubs about books, I have that number divided among my various topics.

1. DDE profile image26

Very understandable and  a great point mentioned thanks for answering different readers want different topics.

5. MG Singh profile image42
    MG Singhposted 4 years ago

Yes. A class writer will write on diverse topics. Nobody should limit himself to a particular niche. I talk from experience wIth a million views.

1. DDE profile image26

MG Singh  your answer  sounds best, writing on diverse topics draws the attention of many readers with so many views you must know best. thank you

6. profile image59
    billys1posted 4 years ago

I don't know about that now.  A writer with real depth and knowledge can and will continue to discover new, exciting and interesting information on whatever single topic they pursue.  If this were not true then all of the great minds that have studied and restudied, written about and rewritten about whatever topic the had their expertise in, such as psychology, medicine, mathematics and the like would never have made any ground breaking discoveries that they did.  Wouldn't you tend to agree?  Perhaps I am incorrect but that is my humble opinion.

1. DDE profile image26
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree thank you

working