How can you improve your writing skills?

1. Alexizer profile image59
    Alexizerposted 3 years ago

How can you improve your writing skills?

(In a way that can help you perform better with making a flawless story)

2. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

Well, I'm sure you've probably heard this before and may be sick of it, but practice is key. Just write tons - and don't believe that you have to write a certain type of work either. I used to think that as an aspiring fiction writer I had to start with short stories - and I never got anywhere. I eventually realized the reason why is that I don't *like* short stories! I don't even want to read them, so why would I feel inspiration to write them? I moved on to practice novels and novellas and the words flowed.

You can write hubs or other articles for general writing and grammar practice, but since you said "flawless story" I'm guessing you're more interested in fiction? Try looking for creative writing prompts and filling the topic with a couple pages.

Also, you might look into writers' groups at your local library or workshops at college campuses during the summer months.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Write a lot and read a lot. There is really no substitute. Classes and workshops are helpful, but nothing will develop and sharpen your skills faster than continuous writing and reading.

working