jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Where else do you guys enjoy writing?

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 4 years ago

Where else do you guys enjoy writing?

I have written for many a content site in my time, and some of them I loved, while some I hated. I was just wondering what sites you guys write for other than HubPages and which you recommend the most?

2. ShinyM profile image73
    ShinyMposted 4 years ago

I have my own blogger profile and run a blog from there. I prefer writing on this site because I can write about anything that interests me. As for my blog, I have to stick to one particular genre as to not confuse my readers.

3. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 4 years ago

I started with yelp.com - and wrote over 515 reviews for them.  This was a non-paid gig, but was a great writing site to connect with other local writers - and people who were into reviewing restaurants and local businesses.

After this, I began with hubpages.com - and wrote a number of articles on my favorite topics.  I had a couple of articles that accumulated a lot of viewers - and was asked to do a radio show.  I started "The Research Rabbit Whole Radio Show" - and interviewed a number of guests for about 3 years.

About a year ago - I was asked to do a lecture at a local venue - and decided that my time was better spent to put my speech in the form of a blog - where people at the seminar could follow along with my speech directly from my blog - and could do their own research under my 2 blogs - theresearchrabbitwhole:9/11 edition (blogspot.com) - and thereserachrabbitwhole (blogspot.com).  This is a non-paid gig - also, but has resulted in a good following.  I've had over 30,000 views in less than a year - on the 2 blogs.  According to the statistics on my blogger posts - (the smaller blurbs designed to bring the audience to my posts) - I've had over 140,000 views.

This is all working.  My writing concepts are becoming more well known - and it is creating a good format for other opportunities to open.  However, my next step is to generate more income.

My next goal will be to create my own website where I can not be censored.  And to start writing a series of books - based on my research and blog information.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That is quite the resume!

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Primarily I write only here. I did try Bubblews and Wizzley. I was banned at Wizzley . . . long story smile Bubblews fell off as did HP. I simply with work considerations and etc had not time for about a year.

I journal and do creative writing with those on my PC almost daily. I do writing studies trying to learn writing techniques and concepts with fiction writing. I do exercises more than I write fiction compositions and share some of that here. I do have friends who can peer review for me smile There is not any pressure other than something works better than something else. Then explore and develop.

The goal is not HP or writing sites. Maybe adding or evolving to a blog, again only seeking peer review of learned techniques and concepts pointing toward a short stories with publications like readers digest and etc. Then a book of one or more. So, over all I enjoy writing at home and sharing as I go.

working