jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why is the negative feedback so often posted anonymously?

1. Veroniquebee profile image75
    Veroniquebeeposted 3 years ago

Why is the negative feedback so often posted anonymously?

Like really - are people so afraid or ashamed to sign under their work?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think you hit it right on the mark with asking if they're afraid. I believe that's the top reason people write negative things without leaving a real name. Fear of retribution or someone (friend, family, etc) finding out what they're really like as a person are probably reasons.

1. Veroniquebee profile image75
      Veroniquebeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is rather sad - personally I'd prefer to hear that my writing (etc.) sucks from a friend, than by a (supposed) stranger, that certainly takes more interest in flaming me, instead of posting some useful critique.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Whether it's a friend or someone anonymous, it would be better if they could be nice about it.

3. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Hiding behind anonymity, people can say anything they like knowing that they do not have to suffer the consequences of what they have said or done.

Bascially, it's gutless, immature, and shows you the true nature of some people (which is difficult not knowing who they are).

I think people who insist on doing such things anonymously, aren't worth listening to.  If they can't stand behind their opinion with conviction and let the 'world' know it is they who hold that opinion, then why listen to it?

4. deecoleworld profile image80
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

A lot of reasons
    Because people are afraid is gonna be turned back on them (tables turn) due fear of the consequences, revenge/retaliation (most important reason)
    Because people don't want to be considered in a bad light so they feel the need to do it anonymously
    Because people just want to be rude, mean, and hurtful (they are not too happy with themselves)
    Because they don't care/too lazy to sign in or create a profile on the website they're on (It depends though, cuss a lot of websites ask for login info..... but some don't)
    Because they want to completely honest but don't want to own up to their feelings or opinions of fear that they will be punished for them... especially true with happy/friends
    Because they are not confident in their opinions/ voice. Not sure how people will take it
    ETC!!!! MANY REASONS

working