I redid my articles, added a long intro, but google still says insuf content. Wh

1. Alli Rose profile image74
    Alli Roseposted 3 years ago

I redid my articles, added a long intro, but google still says insuf content. What am I doing wrong

2. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Alli......Hello and "Welcome to Hubpages."  I sincerely thank you for your service as a U.S. Marine.  My 3rd. son is also a Marine who served during Operation Iraqui Freedom.  He is a Tank mechanic. 

In order to be able to offer some advice, I had to visit your site and read a few of your hubs.  I read the ones pertaining to the Duggars, Muslim bigotry and Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

My primary and most important suggestion is to take the time to read The Learning Center.  It is specifically available to help the brand new hubber/writer.  Aside from this, hubbers themselves have published hundreds of tutorial and informational hubs which can help immensely.

The 3 hubs I read, are most definitely too short/brief to qualify as acceptable hubs.  All due respect, I found an inordinate number of grammatical errors and numerous spelling mistakes.  Needless to say, this all matters.  Take your time Alli.  HP is not a competition to prove who can spit out the most hubs in the shortest time span.

Your focus should be on content, clarity and comprehension, amongst several other things, in terms of writing a really good hub.  You can and I'm sure you will, eventually improve in all areas, but patience and practice are necessary.

A hugely positive habit to get into is Edit, Edit, Edit.  Before you hit that Publish Now.....read over your hub...slowly and purposefully.  If possible, have someone you can trust, who has a solid command of the English language and all rules of grammar, go over your hub with a fine-toothed comb.  Please understand, even the most prolific, famous authors make mistakes..which of course, they or their editors will catch before their work is a finished product.

You don't want to "add words, or a longer intro" simply for the sake of word count.  Again.....I stress, "Take your time." 

Never hesitate to ask questions or to request help from veteran hubbers.  Always check with Hubpages volumes of information before getting frustrated.  Anything you may need to know is in print.

I hope this has helped a little.  Best of luck to you.......Peace, Paula

working