jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

You're having a crap day. What to read?

1. TwerkZerker profile image90
    TwerkZerkerposted 3 years ago

You're having a crap day. What to read?

Maybe today was super stressful or you're just feeling down. Whatever the reason, you're glad to finally plop down in a comfy chair and enjoy some peace and quiet. If you were pick up a book to escape, de-stress, and relax, what genre would you choose? Why does it appeal to you so much?

I'll go first! I'd pick a fantasy epic or saga--something that let me connect to some "otherworld" and appreciate my own better through the lens of another. I find that truly relaxing!

Now you!

2. profile image54
    Nicole Nichols-Smposted 3 years ago

Usually my stress is caused by frustrations from working my low paying unsatisfactory job.I do not work in my degree field and although I want to change jobs but instead of searching the job boards I read self-help books, it may be about Feng Shui or how to start a blog, or internet marketing or books that deal with the psychological nature of money blocks, they inspires me to make positive changes and to take chances. My ideal job would be a writer, I have four books I have been working on but something keeps holding me back from putting them out there. I also have a great thirst for knowledge and taking in new information frees my mind of the days troubles.

1. TwerkZerker profile image90
      TwerkZerkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow, four books! I congratulate you on having far more patience and dedication than I could muster! Best of luck in getting those published; thanks for answering!

3. anusha15 profile image89
    anusha15posted 3 years ago

Generally, I would choose fiction. Nothing heavy duty, a quick romantic Novella with some engaging characters and thoughtfully woven plot to transfer me to another place. When I come back from there, by any luck, I am in different state of mind. And much better equipped to solve my problems created by that previous state of mind big_smile
    But if someone doesn't prefer fiction, I'd suggest The Ice-cream Maker, it's a quick but fantastic read. This book doesn't just distract you, it helps you sort yourself and your problems by simple logics of quality rules smile
    A really good question TwerkZerker. smile