jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Did you ever think about death?

1. ubrish profile image60
    ubrishposted 3 years ago

Did you ever think about death?

2. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Yes, I do think of death because life is too short. I don't know how I am going to die but I want my family to know what my wishes are if I die. I told my husband I want to be buried when I die I don't want to be burnt. And I wanted to be near my loved ones graves like my grandparents and mother.

ubrishposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Liesl5858 thank you much for your reply and sharing your  views about death.I am so much afraid of the life after death.Did you ever think about the life after death?

2. liesl5858 profile image82
      liesl5858posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I always believed there is a special place called Heaven for those who are good and believe in God and Hell for those who are bad.

3. JessicaSideways profile image83
      JessicaSidewaysposted 3 years agoin reply to this

liesel5858, you mean like how Hitler sent those he thought were bad (such as Jews, gays and gypsies) to Auschwitz?

3. Robert the Bruce profile image61
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

Yes, I've thought about death on many occasions. During the past few years I've come to find that no one really knows what (if anything) happens after death. Some claim to know, but what they really have is just a strongly held belief that gives them comfort.

Robert first of all thanks you shared your nice thinking . In my point of view if do good deed in this life,we will be rewarded after death at all cost.What do you think?

2. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Could be, but who can say? It seems as though we aren't supposed to know.

4. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I think sometimes for those who suffer death can be a blessing. I fear the pain associated with death.  I do not fear death itself

I believe after life is going to be beautiful and that our forgiving God will wipe away any wrong doings we have done here on earth.

I appreciate your way of thinking.I also believe that God will forgive us

2. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And of which of the millions of gods do you speak, Ubrish?

5. chaitanyasaivb profile image77
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

Thinking of a thing, which will happen in future, will decrease the actual enjoyment of today's life. So, Better to think of future, not death. Some day or the other, every one in this world have to die. So, these simple words, will give the importance of past, present and future.

Heal the past : it won't come back.

Live the present : it is the only time, we can do things for our future.

Dream the future : Future is nothing, but the reflections, of the things, we have done in the past.

I don't think of death, I don't want to waste my time, thinking of something, which is not important.

I appreciate your thinking ,yes its better for us to live in our present and we should not think about death always but we should do some good deeds for the life after death.

6. m abdullah javed profile image80
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

Remembrance of death is a part of my faith. It's as obligatory as praying five times a day. However, practically speaking, the love of our near and dear ones and the day to day affairs don't allow to think about death so often. It seems this life is a struggle. The charisma and attraction of the world pulls you down barring you to think about the next life that is death and the Heavenly blessings want you to pull off the wordly affection from the heart  and think of the eternal lifw. The one who succeeds in this struggle truely remembers his death if not his living on earth just become aimless as that of an animal. Thinking of death or the next life helps in shaping this life to suit to rewards of Heaven and be a person of the next life in true sense. Thus, worship, selfless service, kind behavior, high moral standards and a purposeful life becomes easy.

working