Copied subjects

1. sosown profile image80
    sosownposted 3 years ago

Copied subjects

Has anyone experienced this: Two local papers are reading my articles and stealing my topics.  I have offered to write, or freelance for them, but they only hire their relatives.  Is this legal?  I know my articles are better, I have a degree and have been writing for years.  What would you do?

2. askformore lm profile image71
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

I understand your question in the way that the 2 local papers do NOT copy your text and/or headlines. What they do is that they get inspired by your "topic" and then, having read your article, then they write their own article on the same matter (but with other words, and maybe even another conclusion).
    Well, this isn't illegal.
    How do you publish your articles? And do you write "followups" in which you "debate" the topic, and at the same time make it clear that you were the first to write about the topic.
    PS: IF they copy your text, then you can sue them!

1. sosown profile image80
      sosownposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I kinda already knew that, it just bothers me.  Don't they know I have thousands of ideas that would benefit them?  That's what bothers me.  They copy what I do, yet don't hire me.  As if I couldn't come up with ideas tailored to their audience.