jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Publishing

1. JamesVarney profile image61
    JamesVarneyposted 7 years ago

Hi,
    As a new writer how do I get an editor or book agent interested in ur writings?

1. motricio profile image75
      motricioposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi James, Welcome to hubpages.
      You'll need to get involve into hubpages first if you want to get hooked with any of the freelancer entrepreneurs that are searching for new talent.
      Even will be hard, but all you need is to write and read.
      You may start now!

JamesVarneyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hey thx very much motricio . Happy New Year.

2. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

We are looking forward to your writing , publish and let others hunt for you. smile

Ok Thx AEvans. I write mainly for children. I also have a good collection of short stories on the war in Liberia. Poems too. are they ok or hubs?

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image95
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

Perhaps you may like to start by researching your intended market.  Also, read a few 'how to' books by people who have succeeded in developing a writing career.

Get involved in a local writing group and take writing courses.  Network, and get involved in writing events local to you.  Organise your own if you have to, or wish to.

Take pride in your chosen craft; develop your writing skills through constant practise.

Build up a collection of quality HubPages (for example) to demonstrate these skills and also submit work to publications relevant to your field.

Persevere.

Good Advice AdeleCosgroveBray. Will take it. I am a member of the Liberia Association of Writers. I have couple of children books to my credit. Will have a collection oof poems for children soon. 'THE RAINBOW SONG-RAINY SEASON POEMS' It is been published by cottontreepress in the USA

working