jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is poetry a view into ones soul, heart, mind what's your thought on the matter.

1. profile image60
    thejester18posted 3 years ago

Is poetry a view into ones soul, heart, mind what's your thought on the matter.

2. Crystal100 profile image61
    Crystal100posted 3 years ago

It is a view to the very essence of "You".  You can't just choose one because they are all connected.  See what triggers the mind can hurt the heart, having an impact on your soul.  We change everyday base on moments.  Whatever you're going through that moment can change you and you wouldn't even know it.  Poetry is that glimpse into "that" moment.

1. profile image60
      thejester18posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer I'm a poet myself and I have the same view

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 3 years ago

I totally agree with Crystal, whatever we happen to be going through at the time that is when we seem to have words to put to those feelings.

If one is in a dark place, then those thoughts come out in words as you have nothing of light to base your thoughts/emotions on.

Writers often have writers block, may be for the fact that there is too much on their mind or its filled with everything going on in the world. However whatever the reason may be, if you quiet yourself and just look into your soul you may find the answer to how you are feeling that very moment.

I am not judging Eminen at all, although not a big fan of some of his music, he is a good entertainer. But as you know he came from a dark place, (which he has admitted in time and even wrote a great song to express the better place he was in), so therefore the only thoughts in his head were what was going on in his soul at the time.

When we express ourselves in words, things might seem brighter not to mention, re reading your work and actually feeling that emotion all over again but with a different concept of it.

working