If excepting a freelance writing job (weekly blog) via craigslist, how do I make

1. Tamirogers profile image78
    Tamirogersposted 3 years ago

If excepting a freelance writing job (weekly blog) via craigslist, how do I make sure I get paid?

I have never accepted a remote job before. This company is in San Fran--I googled and they look legit. How do I ask to get paid, etc to protect myself? any other questions I should ask? They already offered a price per blog which seem reasonable right now. Thanks!! Tami

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 3 years ago

First, and I say this from experience, check your spelling. Your question should be "If accepting" not expecting. My spelling skills are horrible. To answer the question, the best way I know is to get paid via a PayPal account with the agreement on what day deposits are made. If after the first week or month (depending on the frequency of the blog) and there is no payment, send a notice, ask for an explanation.

Furthermore, when negotiating your agreement to include a penalty if you do not deliver your work on time and that the company pays a penalty if they are late paying you.

working