jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What’s Your Favorite Audiobook?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image85
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

What’s Your Favorite Audiobook?

Whether busily involved with housework or driving home from a hectic day at the office; there is nothing like the companionship of a “good book.” This is especially true today when audiobooks can give you the benefit of a book without the hassle of having to find quality time for reading. In fact, sometimes the book can be so interesting that you are compelled to stop what you are doing and intently listen.

If you have experienced the unique pleasure of an audiobook—what’s your favorite?

2. Colin Quartermain profile image94
    Colin Quartermainposted 2 years ago

Had it on tape and now got it on mp3 -
    Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L Sayers,

A tale of murder and blackmail within an advertising agency, where Lord Peter Wimsey investigates; and of course, Ian Carmichael as the central actor

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy Agatha Christie.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

I have audible and I really can't say which is the best.  Usually the books I have are ones that I have read in the past once and several times twice or more and would most likely listen to more than once.  Some include:
    The Left Behind Series-Time LeHaye and Jerry Jenkins
    Carrie=Stephen King
    Beach Music
    The Bible
    Harry Potter
    I am currently listening to The Stand-Stephen King and it will be on my to reread list

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I also enjoy the Bible in audio. However, I would like to hear Harry Potter in audio. Loved and collected all the movies.

4. indigored profile image60
    indigoredposted 2 years ago

My favorite audio book is the one I am listening to at the moment you ask- I listen to Playaways on loan at my local library while walking the dogs, cleaning the house, folding laundry and waiting for my granddaughter to fall asleep in the afternoon.  Right now, that would be "When the Killing's Done" by T.C. Boyle.

I have discovered so many new writers when I pluck a Playaway from the library shelves. Last year, I focused on women writers and fell in love with "Ghana Must Go" by Taiye Selasi and "Far To Go" by Allison Pick.

I love to revisit or acquaint myself with Classics and hope to get through Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" this year as well as Harper Lee's ""To Kill a Mockingbird".

I tend to avoid mysteries but love young adult fantasies like Maggie Stiefvater's "The Scorpio Races" and Kristin Cashore's "Graceling".

I feel so lucky that Playaways have been invented- they have changed my life!