jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

To all comic book fans, which is your favorite--Marvel or DC?

1. montecristo profile image83
    montecristoposted 2 years ago

To all comic book fans, which is your favorite--Marvel or DC?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Growing up my favorite Marvel hero was Spiderman probably because he was portrayed as a teenager on the Saturday morning cartoon. With regard to DC I've always liked Batman over Superman. The gadgets/toys, cars, boats, & planes, Batman had were more interesting to watch than having "super powers".
    For lack of a better word Batman seemed more "realistic" in the sense that he was just another human being albeit very rich with an alter ego. From a child's point of view it was easier to believe one could become like Batman over being like Superman an alien from another planet.
    In many ways I believe it's the earthly human characteristics that also made Captain America and Iron Man popular as well.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

DC will always be my favorite. Superman was my favorite hero growing up, based on the Christopher Reeve movies, and Batman and Wonder Woman, followed shortly behind. They have kind of a spotty movie record, but they consistently produce good comics, television shows, and cartoons. I'm not sure if I can point to a specific reason why I like DC more (other than nostalgia) but I love the entire super hero community.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

As a child, I liked the DC brand, Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League of America, etc.

As an adult, I prefer the movies based on Marvel Characters more than those based on DC characters. One exception, the Batman franchise with Christopher Bale, was the best movie adaptation of a Comic Book character. It stayed closer to the original story line.