jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How many words should be in a feature article to write and pictures

1. dworzala1 profile image67
    dworzala1posted 2 years ago

How many words should be in a feature article to write and pictures

2. lions44 profile image100
    lions44posted 2 years ago

There is a minimum; you should check the guidelines. It varies. My hubs average around 5K words.  I have a few as low as 2500-3000.  But my better work is longer. I don't even consider 5K words very big.  Depends on the subject matter and the readability.

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I disagree. A featured article just needs to include all the points that readers are looking for, and the number of words doesn't always do that. Include your own pictures, or videos, or polls, maps.. write enough to get your point across, but not so much that nobody gives a damn and just scrolls through. Use your own judgment. Would you scroll past your article, or is it interesting enough to keep reading? Give readers what they want and you'll have a featured article, easy..

4. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

I don't think there is right or wrong as far as word length goes as long as it stays within the guidelines. Category makes a difference and promoting things for profit are frowned on, but a good well written hub doesn't need to be thousands and thousands of words long.  We aren't writing a book here. A thousand words is plenty long and most are much shorter with pictures to help break up the text. Grab your readers attention while trying not to bore them is important. Read the tutorials. Have fun. Welcome to HubPages.

working