jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How do you promote yourself as a writer on hubpages and elsewhere?

1. Vagabond Laborer profile image83
    Vagabond Laborerposted 2 years ago

How do you promote yourself as a writer on hubpages and elsewhere?

I am having trouble promoting myself as a writer; for instance, I use a pseudonym on hubpages and I am not active on Facebook.  I suppose that I am a bit shy, and I also like the freedom to express myself anonymously.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12641242_f260.jpg

2. Kristen Howe profile image87
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

You should promote your hubs a few times a day via traffic and share it via here, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and your own blog/website/domian, if you have one.  You should be active. You can follow hubbers, comment on other hubs, and answer questions on Q&A and forum here to get some fellow hubs to head your way. It takes time and patience to get noticed here. Don't be shy. We're all friendly.

Vagabond Laborerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kristen.  This does help..  I will investigate social media further.

2. Kristen Howe profile image87
      Kristen Howeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome Vagabond. They're all free, too!

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I've found that Twitter is a place where you can be whoever you want to be, and very effectively promote your works. The trick to Twitter is to always include an image with each post. If your hub URLs are key worded for SEO (search engine optimization), I would suggest you include the entire link to your articles (not a bit link, or shortened link.) Use hashtags to your advantage.

Tsu is another place where you can be whoever you want, and it's Excellent for gaining followers very quickly. Another bonus is that they pay you for posting original content. Include an original image in each post, include the hashtag #originalcontent, of course include the link to your hub, and interact a little and you'll be amazed at how quickly it catches fire. It's invite only, so if you're not on there already you can sign up through me: www.tsu.co/KateParkerRDH

Google+ is excellent for getting rated well on Google, and Pinterest is great, especially if you have a lot of original pictures in your hubs.

Hope that helps! smile

Vagabond Laborerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Faceless39.  This helps!

working