jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have any favorite books?

1. LiveFitForLife profile image87
    LiveFitForLifeposted 2 years ago

Do you have any favorite books?

As an English scholar, I have read hundreds of books in the past five or six years. I have not read everything, of course. In fact, there is a number of classics I still have not read entirely. Even so, as I became an avid reader, overtime I began falling in love with particular authors and their books. In high school I loved fantasy books by Rowling, Butcher,  Brooks. In my college years I loved reading Shakespeare and the Transcendentalists Emerson, Thoreau, and Whitman. Now I mostly read books by philosophers and critical theorists. But, I am curious as to what books my fellow hubbers read.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12709830_f260.jpg

2. definingglamour profile image85
    definingglamourposted 2 years ago

I love books by Nicholas Sparks! They are real and I can relate to some of his stories! An awesome author with incredible writing skills!

3. PoetwoPoem profile image64
    PoetwoPoemposted 2 years ago

I like Emerson and Whitman but I also have My own. There are Samples of my work  on amazon.com.positiveromance, If you ever have a few moments to view, Your opinion would mean a lot to me.

4. crackerjack9 profile image73
    crackerjack9posted 2 years ago

The Innocent Man by John Grisholm. A true story, although he mostly writes fiction. It's about a man who was framed by small town cops for a murder he didn't commit and how he ended up getting justice. Great story!

5. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

I loved pet cemetary ,by stephen king and ALL of Dean Koontz
    And John saul.although I also liked Charlie St cloud, which is more of a drama ,cannot remember author.

6. Sakshi Davessar profile image67
    Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years ago

I like the writings of the Indian writer 'Chetan Bhaghat'. Some of his books are :
    1. Revolution 2020
    2. Two states
    3. The three mistakes of my life

Although i have not studied the last two but they are great too

7. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

I love mysteries, so any book by James Paterson or Tami Hoag. I also like medical mysteries, so Michael Crishton is great too.

working