Do you prefer the media to merely report the facts of an event, or to also give

1. Johnny James A profile image77
    Johnny James Aposted 20 months ago

Do you prefer the media to merely report the facts of an event, or to also give personal views?

There has always been a debate on whether the 4th estate "news media" should merely report the news as best they know it or whether they should also include how they feel.  In the past, there were exceptions used by print media called the Op/Ed or Opinion Editorial/Opposite Editorial where on certain issues the majority view of the paper (or the views of the higher ups) could write a commentary expressing their opinions on the matter.  Which method do you prefer to have your news delivered? Additionally, do you think it matters depending on whether it is print vs electronic vs radio media?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 20 months ago

Reporting their opinion as news is dishonest, whether it is in print, electronic transmission, or verbal.  That makes caring about their opinion a bit difficult.

3. profile image82
    Hxprofposted 19 months ago

I want straight up reporting - I'm not interested in how a journalist "feels' about an issue.  I've no problem with there being an editorial/op ed section where the newspaper editor and cronies can state their view or tell us how they "feel" about something, but that HAS to be in a separate section of the paper (or website) from the reporting.  And I'll add that I like analysis, but again, it HAS to be separate from the reporting.

working