jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is opposite word for "modified"?

1. kasiaeliza profile image81
    kasiaelizaposted 12 months ago

What is opposite word for "modified"?

I stuck with my word formation exercise... please help.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months ago

Synonyms and Antonyms of modify

to limit the meaning of (as a noun)  Synonyms qualifyRelated Words alter, color, distort, misrepresent, misstate, pervert, twist, warp; narrowNear Antonyms broaden, expand, widen

to make different in some way  Synonyms alter, make over, change, recast, redo, refashion, remake, remodel, revamp, revise, rework, vary Related Words deform, metamorphose, mutate; regenerate, revolutionize, transfigure, transform, transmute; commute, convert, exchange; rejigger, retool

Antonyms
    fix, freeze, set, stabilize

Synonyms and Antonyms of modification

the act, process, or result of making different  Synonyms alteration, difference, change, redoing, refashioning, remaking, remodeling, revamping, review, revise, revision, reworking, variationRelated Words amendment, correction, rectification, reform; conversion, deformation, distortion, metamorphosis, mutation, transfiguration, transformation; fluctuation, oscillation, shift; displacement, replacement, substitution; adjustment, modulation, regulation, tweak; redesign, redo

Antonyms are opposite so the opposite of modification is
    fixation, stabilization

1. kasiaeliza profile image81
      kasiaelizaposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I need it to word formation exercise. So it should be some prefix like "un-" or something like that. I tried some prefixes but I failed.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Adj.unmodified - not changed in form or character
      unqualified - not limited or restricted; "an unqualified denial"
      modified - changed in form or character; "their modified stand made the issue more acceptable";

3. kasiaeliza profile image81
      kasiaelizaposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Unmodified - that's what I searched. Unfortunately, my dictionary hasn't got it. Thanks for the help!

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 12 months ago

Unchanged, unaltered, untouched, unchanging
    Modify means to change or alter. Modified means changed or altered.

Closed to reply

working