jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Was the critical sink-ship mistake by hubpages when they removed the authors met

1. Oscarlites profile image34
    Oscarlitesposted 10 months ago

Was the critical sink-ship mistake by hubpages when they removed the authors meta-tag feature?

when you were able to meta tag your article for subject search, it seemed that we were going somewhere with our writing, but since then, its been difficult to become searchable. Only when someone is searching specifically for you, or your specific article by name can you be found.  I know others have built a bridge around this swamp, but I am still struggling with doing so.  Can you help?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13608933_f260.jpg

2. Jeremy Gill profile image94
    Jeremy Gillposted 10 months ago

I think it really depends on what you write about. I'm assuming you're talking about being searched by search engines, not just on HubPages, in which case it helps to write about popular subjects, but preferably ones not covered much by other authors.

Some topics may have been hit harder by the switch than others. I've heard that HubPages is less community-oriented than it used to be, and more devoted to receiving non-HubPages searches

I often balance my writing between Hubs I especially want to make and those I expect to receive several views.

On a separate note, why is your HubScore so low? Heck, it's below that of a newcomer, but you have several articles and followers to your name. Odd.

1. Oscarlites profile image34
      Oscarlitesposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I think they have just lowballed my score to discourage me. i've been honest and provided feedback.  I did an article about living in Alaska that they totally bombed, and it was professionally presented.  Its sad when site owners make conclusions.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image94
      Jeremy Gillposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Hope you don't mind some advice. Looked at your article If I Could Do It Over Again. Well-written, but disperse your photos throughout rather than at the end, and remove the Amazon capsules; don't use those unless truly, truly related. Best of luck!

working