jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Plagiarism

1. keiranthapa profile image60
    keiranthapaposted 7 years ago

Has internet helped in propagting widespread plagiarism? Can one differntiate between cheats and sincere writers?

2. keiranthapa profile image60

After I posted this four weeks ago, I did a hub. I wonder why many haven't participated on this topic?

1. moviemick profile image56
      moviemickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes the internet has helped in the spread of widespread spreading of content against the copyright holders will, it is very difficult to track down people across international borders in order to protect your interests, often it is not worth doing in terms of money.

The issues relating to content piracy are multi-facited though, it is not so simple as does the internet spread plagiarism, the internet is just a delivery method, it is not the reason it happens.

2. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I believe it is because you are new and many may not have realized the thread existed. Plagarism is rampant and I have had my fill of filing DMCA complaints, however I have registered all of my work with www.myfreecopyright.com so I feel a little safer knowing that my work is protected. smile

3. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The internet has help propagate widespread belief that if you build it, they will come. Can one differentiate between organic traffic and manufactured backlinks? Between natural conversation and forced communication?

1. AEvans profile image69
        AEvansposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She hasn't responded sad

3. keiranthapa profile image60

Thanks everybody for joining in the discussion. Your comments and suggestions about plagiarism and copyright issues were very insightful. Looking forward to sharing in with other topics.

4. cruising.granny profile image59
    cruising.grannyposted 7 years ago

So how can we hard-working freshies protect ourselves?
    We're all busting our buns to write and be published, so we "expose" ourselves and our work in the hope of being "discovered".
    I was using the copyright symbol on my posts on one literary site, but was reprimanded by so-called professionals who labelled me a "novice", based solely on the use of the symbol.
    As a journo my work was automatically protected, but how can we be protected through this forum?
    By law it's our own work, but I don't know how we can be protected.  The blog sites can't offer protection.
    It's worth investigation.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image75
      Peter Hogganposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I recently published a hub titled How To Protect Your Hubs Against Spinners, Spammers and Plagiarists which might help.

working