jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Book Reviews

1. jenblacksheep profile image79
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I was wondering if anyone was writing hubs reviewing books. I have recently started doing reviews and I thought it could increase traffic if I linked to other people's reviews (on hubpages) and they in turn link to me. Like 'if you like this book try ...'

I haven't written enough yet to have books from the same genre or author that I can link to myself.

Anyone care to share??

1. Haunty profile image86
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago

I know of a few people who write great book reviews.

wannabwestern, dohn121, akirchner and more

2. jenblacksheep profile image79
      jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

Thanx Haunty I'll have a look at those

3. wychic profile image91
      wychicposted 7 years ago

I also write book reviews, though I have quite a lot more to get posted on here still. I'll take a look at what you have and see if there's anything that will fit in with any of mine, I usually don't have links with them and I'd like to be able to add a little something extra to readers smile.

1. wychic profile image91
        wychicposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I"ll definitely be doing some linking, and not just to my book reviews! I see that you have one reviewed that goes over the early life of Genghis Khan, and I currently have a review in the works on the movie Mongol and that looks like it would be a nice addition smile.

Note: if you'd like to see my book reviews, only the fiction books are in the group "book reviews," while I also have some in "children's book reviews" and quite a few in "history and culture" and a smattering of others in other groups, but those are the main ones.

1. jenblacksheep profile image79
          jenblacksheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's generally fiction books that I'm going for. The Julius Caesar and Genghis Khan ones are history but with a big dose of fiction. Will have a look at your reviews. I haven't linked anything yet because since I started reading I havent really read any books that are similar. But I'm hoping this will be a big on-going project so I want to get some links in there and the backlinks from others!! I'll leave you a comment on your hubs if I link to them.

1. wychic profile image91
            wychicposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good, and I'll try and get more posted on there soon as I do have about 50 that aren't on here yet, other work keeps calling me away tongue.

1. SimeyC profile image98
              SimeyCposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have dozens of book reviews - and one HUb that lists them all.....

2. jenblacksheep profile image79
              jenblacksheepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just looked through your book reviews, you have loads! Will have to take some time to read through them since I didn't recognise the names of any books. I don't have many reviews yet because I find it easier to write the review right after I've read a book and I've just started this project. I read quickly though so I hope to have a sizable collection soon!!

working