jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Books vs. Blogs

1. ryanwmurray profile image57
    ryanwmurrayposted 6 years ago

What medium do you prefer?  Blogs have the obvious advantage of being accessible anywhere, spread to anyone in an instant, the ability to edit, add media and encourage user comments, but if you're like me, you still enjoy the feeling of opening a brand new book.  Much like the dying art of buying physical music products, reading a "real" book is something to keep alive!

1. Stina Caxe profile image85
      Stina Caxeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree!  I love books, the feel, the look, even the smell.

ryanwmurrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah yes the smell!  How could I forget?!

2. Genna East profile image88
        Genna Eastposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I so agree.  just posted a forum question about something similar.  I love the smell of books; they are my friends" that I can carry in my hand.  The soft turn of the pages.  You cannot get this type of personalization from a computer.

2. Insight1987 profile image59
      Insight1987posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Books, partly b/c of the feel, and partly b/c books, for all of the garbage that gets printed, nonetheless have a slightly higher range of quality than every little fart somebody wants to broadcast over the 'Net. smile

3. solar10 profile image61
      solar10posted 6 years ago in reply to this

For easy readings I would prefer blogs, for other I would prefer printed materials (books).

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

i love books but admit that they ease of reading online makes it
    more attractive...

ryanwmurrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are some blogs I'd buy if they were repackaged in book form.

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image89
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 6 years ago

Books and blogs fulfill different functions.  Personally, I read both.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I love my books and collect my favorites smile A blog can be transformed into a ebook too and downloaded. I'm still not sure if I want a huge collection of ebooks (as I do now, lol) because of the space required even if using a external HD. tongue maybe I'm just being fussy, lol.

5. taiciapar01 profile image60
    taiciapar01posted 6 years ago

I appreciate both but I am still in love with the sense of paper turning and a sloppy day with just coffee and a good book.

working