jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

I have no idea what to write about...

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image61
    WorldCup~2010posted 6 years ago

Hey everyone!
    I have no idea what to write about. I just came back here after a long period of not going on this site and now that I came back excited to write more, I can't seem to think of ANYTHING to write, let alone write several hubs on a particular topic! If anyone can help me generate ideas, that would be great!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You like the Yankees? Write about the club, or the sport.

2. IzzyM profile image91
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

With your particular username I think you need to stick to football topics, but you know there is nothing stopping you from creating a new username and writing about everything that interests you.

2. mrpopo profile image79
    mrpopoposted 6 years ago

How about the World Cups? smile

WorldCup~2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Very clever haha but that could seriously be a topic that I could get into with my love of soccer!

1. mrpopo profile image79
        mrpopoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't resist tongue but they're an interesting topic for anyone who likes soccer!

3. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Write about soccer the teams you root for and do some predictions based on logical reasoning ..it will attract readership..but I would suggest that you look around you ..and write about anything that gets your attention, that may be worth sharing. Anything that you are good at and passionate about, that might be useful to others. That is a whole lot of stuff I guess.

Well the thing is, I just got into soccer right after the 2010 World Cup (hence my name) and I have been following the Columbus Crew for only 1 season so it would be hard to make predictions now because I barley know the team. And I do look around and nothing really sparks my interest enough to write a thorough hub about it. I though that taking a break will allow my mind to rest and think of completely new topics to explore and write about...but that didn't happen sad

1. sofs profile image85
        sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well go to topics and look at articles that are featured in the areas of your interest  .. start somewhere and soon your creative juices will be flowing.  The key is to get started ..you can edit and add more info later .. best wishes to you smile

Thank you so much for the tips! much appreciated!

2. mrpopo profile image79
        mrpopoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey if you just got into soccer, I suggest reading and writing about the history of it!

There are many cool aspects especially in the World Cups. For instance, in 1950 two huge upsets occurred, with the States beating England 1-0 and Uruguay beating Brazil 2-1 in the final. Because of this "Macaranazo", Brazil's team opted to change their jersey colour because they considered it to be a jinx. Brazil later won 5 world cups and today their yellow and blue canary colours are widely recognized and respected.

Funny how things work out, eh?

Thank you for the ideas you have given me! I may just write about previous world cups after I do some research!

4. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Write about Messi he is cool, everyone loves Messi.

You could also do a hub on writers block and how you overcame it

Great ideas for future hubs! Thanks!

working