jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)

Anyone know any Sci-Fi or Fantasy bloggers

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Anyone friends with any bloggers who hit the science fiction or fantasy universe with their blog? Someone who likes to read and do reviews? Legitimate ones, not the Pay me and I'll say something nice about you type. I've been finding lots of that, and I am certain nobody reads any of those or takes them serious.

I realize it's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

1. SimeyC profile image99
      SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have a blog dedicated to books (with the majority being science fiction and fantasy) - don't get many views though!

I have quite a lot of article on HP dedicated to SF and Fantasy novels too - I get quite a lot of traffic to my "The Best Fantasy and Science Fiction Books of all time. (Part 1)" hub and I just noticed it is ranked '100' today!

Shadesbreathposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I have you on my list for a direct email already. LOL. I was just trying to figure out how to approach it without just sounding like a beggar looking to take up your time.

Would you be interested?

1. SimeyC profile image99
          SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sure....!!!

I'll email you through HP.

2. profile image55
      CompoundCopyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Funnily enough.  I have one.  My blog features vampires, Atlantean Gods, weres, witches and a whole host of other stuff.

www.supernaturalsupermarket.yolasite.com/super-blog

Cool name, and a great looking banner graphic. big_smile 

My novel is science fiction and fantasy. Will that mess up your credibility with your audience? (I wrote a hub on it, you can get a sense of it). If you don't think that will create problems for you, let me know; I'd love to see your take on it. Contact me through my HP profile, and we'll figure out how to get you a copy.

1. profile image55
          CompoundCopyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you can give me the link to that specific hub, I would gladly read it Shades.  smile

3. profile image0
      Lweinbergposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have several. My personal favorite one I run is A World of Fantasy: A Goblin, A Unicorn, and a Dragon....note I just started it.

Well, if you're looking for content for one or some, shoot me an email. smile

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image95
      AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My blog is often on the subject of fantasy novels.  Drop by and see for yourself, if you wish.  You'll find the link on my HP profile page.  smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Twitter is infested with them. smile

LOL @  "infested."  I'm not sure I'm looking for the general infestation types. I'm hoping someone knows a credible type. Even if they don't want to review, but maybe could stand a guest blogger or something to give them a break from content creation for a day, etc. Little cross promotion etc.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I don't know of any specific blogs, but I have an idea. I've recently started following John Howe on Facebook. He is an illustrator, conceptual artist for The Hobbit and LOTR movies.  He has quite a following and he also has a blog. You could perhaps find others interested in fantasy through this kind of following.

John Howe interacts with his followers and posts some really cool stuff.
    Just search his name on Facebook and friend his page.
    His website is john-howe.com

Freaking awesome idea. Will do exactly that.

4. JT Walters profile image74
    JT Waltersposted 5 years ago

While I love Science Fiction, I am unaware of any blogs dedicated to the review of such work.

Thanks just the same. I know it's kind of a request that isn't super mainstream.

5. profile image0
    Lweinbergposted 5 years ago

I'm always looking for good content! Here's the site http://afantasyauthorsblog.blogspot.com/ ....like I said it's small. I tried emailing you on HP, but it wouldn't work...no idea why lol. My personal email is dragonov22@msn.com

Your site looks great, and you write well. You keep on that thing steady and I expect you will do very well. I'd be stoked to have a review from you. Will email you.

1. profile image0
        Lweinbergposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, thanks! I REALLY appreciate that, and I'd love to review some stuff. smile

6. My SciFi Life profile image76
    My SciFi Lifeposted 5 years ago

I do some scifi & fantasy posts on hubpages and also on my own blog (http://www.zone-six.net) + other places ... would be glad to speak to you too if you're interested!

working