The Examiner-1 profile image 73

Does anyone know why refrigerator shelves are not solid?

I wonder when something too thin falls off through the crack in the self. They bring the shelf out, stop, and then put a bit of a "fence" sticking out from it. This leaves a space and things slip through if they are too thin.

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 2 years ago

Thank you Tim. I will check to see whether I can snap the size of mine too. I did not know that.

lisavollrath profile image96

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 2 years ago

So does mine. I was not clear in my question because I meant in the door. My apologies.

sallybea profile image99

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 2 years ago

I have glass shelves internally. I apologize for not being clear in the question for I meant in the door.

• sallybea profile image

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) 2 years ago

Ha, even in the UK crack means space. Guess you could have edited this question! I, think you can. I can only assume that a man invented your shelves:)