jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What Are Edible Flowers (No Misprint!)?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What Are Edible Flowers (No Misprint!)?

2. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I found this information on a cooking site, I hope it helps you. "Bean blossoms have a sweet, beany flavor. Nasturtiums have a wonderfully peppery flavor similar to watercress and their pickled buds can be substituted for more expensive capers. Borage tastes like cucumber, and miniature pansies (Johny-Jump-Ups) have a mild wintergreen taste.

Violets, roses and lavender lend a sweet flavor to salads or desserts. Bright yellow calendulas are an economic alternative to expensive saffron, though not quite as pungent. Other flowers may have a spicy or peppermint flavor.

When in doubt, taste, but first be sure it's not poisonous. "
    Find large list of edible and poisonous flowers on the following site:
    http://homecooking.about.com/library/we … lowers.htm

3. Ten Blogger profile image61
    Ten Bloggerposted 8 years ago

You can eat "Rose" for one smile The second thing comes to my mind is cauliflower.. But that s a vegetable

4. profile image48
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

I know of a commercial on TV before I lost my cable about Edible Flowers.  It's a bouquette of flowers made intirely out of fruit and chocolate.  And if that's not the answer you were looking for, then sorry for crowding your question.  I might try one when I can afford it though, it sounds delicious!

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

Funny you should ask as I have published a hub page on edible flowers, these are flowers you can eat! Its kinda weird but also fun. Here is the link to my hub-page if you are interested smile
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Edible-Flowers--A-Resource

6. profile image65
    Herb Ladyposted 8 years ago

This a quick list of edible flowers:
    pansy, nasturtiums, borage, roses, mustard flowers, squash flower, violets (viola odorata), and calendula (true calendula, not marigolds which are a tagetes species).

7. Veronica Allen profile image70
    Veronica Allenposted 8 years ago

My hub •Don't Forget To Eat Your Flowers has some edible flowers listed.

8. stranded07 profile image61
    stranded07posted 8 years ago

sunflower seeds, but they are seeds! LOL. In our country, tamarind flower is included in a soup, together with meat and other vegetables.

working