jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

hii, am recently married, but faced many things in my in-laws's home, but the mi

1. profile image43
    pudamiposted 8 years ago

hii, am recently married, but faced many things in my in-laws's home, but the mistake is mine only,

hw to impress my mother -in -law n father-in-law?

2. Dark knight rides profile image75
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

The same way you impressed your spouse: by being yourself. You probably have years and years of dealing with them ahead of you, they should know who you really are, and they can either treat you with respect or not. Let it be their problem, though. Be polite and kind to them, no matter what. As my friend says, living well is the best revenge. Let them know that you're part of the family, whether they like it or not. Let them know you want a harmonious relationship with them, but with or without harmony, your going to be there and they have to come to terms with it. Don't set out to impress them though, because then they'll expect you to always be trying to please them, and eventually you won't be able to. Just be you.

3. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

From reading the title, it seems as if you live with your in-laws which is not a healthy idea.

If this is the case, maybe you and hubby need to get a place of your own and take it from there - then you will not see the need to constantly impress your Mother/father -in-law as they will not be watching your every more - so to say.

Good Luck.

4. Waren E profile image54
    Waren Eposted 8 years ago

From what I've witnessed In-laws can be such monsters, especially for women when you didn't get to know them before the wedding,
    my heart goes out to you if you live in India and the problem stems from a unpaid "dawry" not sure if I spelled it right ,be calm,be cool and pray a lot,don't focus on impressing them,you should focus on not getting them mad,pay attention when they are speaking and be helpful and respecting always!
    If a man lives with his parents for whatever reason, I don't think you should speak to him about living somewhere else, because it can be very insulting and insensitive to him not matter how you tell it to him, being very wise and careful is the best thing you can do for yourself ! 
    God bless you  pudami !

5. profile image47
    warm handsposted 7 years ago

you do not have to impress these idiots. You are married to there son or daughter ONLY.Always be your own person ,because life goes on and you have to feel good about any decions you make reguarding your family . This is what makes us stronger individuals .mothers,fathers ,and eventually families.