Why Do We Have Very Many Injuries And Deaths of People Occurring In Toilets And

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Do We Have Very Many Injuries And Deaths of People Occurring In Toilets And Bathrooms?

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

I believe many injuries occur from people slipping on the tiled floor when it is wet, e.g. after they get out of the shower. Another problem can occur when people use electrical appliances in the bathroom near water. If the electrical appliance was to fall in the bath, for example, it could cause electrocution.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Bathroom floors (and bathtub surfaces) are slippery.   Bathroom fixtures don't make cushions if someone falls on or against them.  People with disabilities or injuries don't have much choice but try to find a way to shower or use the bathroom, so that doesn't help.  Children can be fast-moving and careless.  People who are sick or drunk probably spend some extra time in the bathroom.   I suppose there's the chance, too, that if a person starts to develop serious symptoms his first instinct may be to head for the bathroom, rather than call 911 (if he doesn't know what the symptoms are). Then there's the chance of water and electrical plugs being "a problem". The water in tubs or toilets can lead to drowning (of adults or children).  Probably, too, no matter what other rooms people use or don't use, everyone has to use bathrooms (so they must get more use).

These are my guesses.

working