jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone know about T8 lighting any thing about T8 LED lighting?

1. LEDMo profile image54
    LEDMoposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know about T8 lighting any thing about T8 LED lighting?

2. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

The T-8 refers only to the diameter of the lamp. Fluorescent and LED lighting are two different types of light. The cost for the LED lamp is quite high compared to a Fluorescent lamp. The avg. cost for a 4 ft. LED is approximately $75.00 per lamp compared a Fluorescent of the same length at $2.50. The LED lamps last about 5 years, which is roughly the lamp life of a Fluorescent.

You must also alter the light fixture with conversion to LED. The ballast has to be removed and the fixture rewired, and if you do not know what your doing you’ll need an electrician. The cost to change one 4 foot 2 lamp light fixture from Fluorescent to LED, will more than likely cost in excess of $235.00. $150.00 for the lamps & a minimum of $85.00 for an electrical service call.
    Going Green Ain't Cheap.

3. lime light power profile image61
    lime light powerposted 6 years ago

Wow... readytoescape - great answer. Very informative. Shame that LEDs cost so much, but obviously the prices are coming down, so thats that encouraging.

4. profile image53
    Ericliuposted 6 years ago

Hi?There,  i am Eric from china , the led light manufacture located in Shenzhen City , the answer is good followed by above guys , but the price is really downing sharply , the 4 feet Tube  18W , which can replace at least 40w traditional light , now we only sell  24 USD , even lower on large quantity , we undertake three years quality warranty for it , if anyone who want more information about led light , welcome to leve message to me or email to : ericmingxue@yahoo.cn , i will be happy to make friend with you

working