jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i have 2 sump pumps in my basement and yet i still have water coming up in the c

1. profile image46
    ljeasbposted 7 years ago

i have 2 sump pumps in my basement and yet i still have water coming up in the cracks of the...

cement floor in the basement. the sump pumps have been working well since march and are keeping the water from overflowing the basement.  how do i  take care of the problem without having to take out a second mortgage on my home?

2. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

You could always try this http://www.radonseal.com/basement-waterproofing.htm or a similar product.

3. kowality profile image59
    kowalityposted 7 years ago

I have to be honest with you because just sealing over the problem will take care of it according to how well the job is done. You obviously have a drainage problem. Either the weeping tile around the footing are plugged or there is an unusual rise in the water table.

Someone that knows what they are doing needs to look at where the water is seeping in, how much and if the cracks can be properly chipped out, filled and maybe a top coat applied.

A top coat is anywhere from 3/4-1 1/2 inches thick. But keep in mind that the cracks where the water is entering must be corrected with care and knowledge. It also depends on how long you will stay at that residence. And, I am not talking about just patching something in order to leave it for the next poor sucker.

4. beverleejb profile image59
    beverleejbposted 7 years ago

oh, oh, not good.
    We had that problem in one of our homes and we tried everything,
    Putting a solution on the walls etc.
    They did work some but the basement always smelled musty

5. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

You may want to install a french drain to eliminate the problem.