jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If i buy apple or cherry fruit tree do I need to buy them in pair to produce fru

1. profile image47
    eostrovposted 7 years ago

If i buy apple or cherry fruit tree do I need to buy them in pair to produce fruits?

I have never planted the tree. I want to plant only dwarf trees and the most wanted apple and cherry. I read you tips of buying fruit trees but  could you please give me more details of how to but trees that would give me fruits. I leave in Connecticut. Appreciate your answer. Elena

2. Marty1 profile image56
    Marty1posted 7 years ago

Hi, I can help with this. When you purchase the tree it should be a grafted specimen.  This will fruit earlier.
    Some fruit trees need a female and male, but in your case it should be fine.
    Pick off the fruits the first year and wait until next season to get your crops.
    Also contact the local nursery for any advice on your area.
    Marty

3. leandroflorist profile image35
    leandrofloristposted 7 years ago

Maybe it should be. But try to visit link and there's a lots of information about that http://sanleandroflowers.wetpaint.com/p … wers+94579

4. CenterAll72 profile image79
    CenterAll72posted 5 years ago

When it comes to apples and cherry  trees they usually need a pollinator. So yes you do have to grow them in pairs. You must space them at least 10 feet apart. Though there are a few trees in which you could grow them by themselves. But the most natural way is to have a a pair so they can produce greater and better fruit.

working