jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How long does it take a new apple tree to start bearing fruit?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

How long does it take a new apple tree to start bearing fruit?

2. everyday living profile image63
    everyday livingposted 7 years ago

It normally takes 6-10 years from being planted for a new apple tree to produce fruit.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Most apple trees from garden centres are grafts of mature fruiting branches on to 3 year old seedlings.  Sometimes, if you buy in the autumn, they will be carrying fruit.  If you plant an apple seed, it can take as long as 20 years before it fruits.

4. applejack2 profile image61
    applejack2posted 7 years ago

Depending on the root stock the apple wood  is  grafted onto, you  will get some  fruit in 3 years, from 5  years on it will produce alot of fruit. Some of the older varieties are slower to produce fruit. Ask  your  nursery man and  he  will  make a reccomendation to your specifications. Never plant an apple seed.

5. profile image47
    mr mudposted 7 years ago

i bought an apple tree two years ago the first year as instructed i pinched off all the blossom to help the tree to use all its energy to establish and settle its self, pruned it in the autumn second year had  apples i think its important to but the best you can afford

6. garyluther profile image40
    garylutherposted 4 years ago

I f i am not wrong then a new apple tree starting a bearing a fruit in 6-10 years. For more help you can contact Arbor Care inc.