I have the MFIN of the mobile home, how do i find out which zone it is rated for

  1. profile image45
    marksavoieposted 7 years ago

    I have the MFIN of the mobile home, how do i find out which zone it is rated for?  no papers on home

  2. Lowell's Notes profile image83
    Lowell's Notesposted 7 years ago

    If your home was manufactured after 1976, there should be a HUD label somewhere in the home. It is usually glued to a cabinet door, or under a cabinet. It will tell you the wind and thermal zones.
    Otherwise, you may be able to get the information from the company who manufactured the home.
    If they are no longer in business, send me an email and I will try to help you determine the wind and thermal ratings for your home.

    Best regards,

  3. rminela profile image69
    rminelaposted 7 years ago

    Many times past owners will change out kitchen cabinets (where you might find a wind zone plate) inside the cabinet door. They don't realize the significance of the data on these sheets of paper that are glued to cabinet surfaces or inside master bedroom closets (that are sometimes painted over) where you would likely find them.

    Your first direction to seek help would be the city or county building and zoning in your jurisdiction.. Ask them for your best course of action. Depending on the type of Longitudinal and anchoring systems used for your home, they may let you pass  without the wind zone plate.

    You may also contact the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to see if they can help. They might have records that reveal the home. If they tell you that you must have the wind zone plate, then follow Lowell's plan.