If you were god for a day, what would you do?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Sottway profile image67
    Sottwayposted 12 years ago

If you were god for a day, what would you do?

2. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 12 years ago

Stop the fighting in the world and bring peace.

3. jbrock2041 profile image65
    jbrock2041posted 12 years ago

Feed everyone that is hungry. It always makes me so sad to see someone who is hungry. Yesterday, on the corner a man was holding a sign that said, "starving, please help."

4. profile image0
    bolt1951posted 12 years ago

there is only one answer to this question Peace to all...........and everything else will take care of itself.

5. profile image57
    Ted Jay Cookposted 12 years ago

Since God is not wrong and me being God, I would be doing exactly what God is doing. I appreciate your question.

6. Attikos profile image83
    Attikosposted 12 years ago

Nothing. God set up the material world inside time and space as He wanted it to be, so were I He I would leave it as it is.

7. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

I would adjust the Human Thinking...............Opening thier eyes to seeing only Good and not Evil...........But then again even God can't achieve this......Or is it Human's that can't achieve this?

8. Cresentmoon2007 profile image65
    Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years ago

Good question, I think this might sound silly but I would kind of be like the Goddess Artemis of Greek Mythology. I know I should want to bring peace to man and so on and so forth, but honestly, I don't see that ever happening.

So anyway lol, back to my answer. I think I would be like Artemis and I would be in the woods for an entire day running with the deer.

Or I'd turn myself into a dog and run wild and free. Because it seems that dogs a whole lot happier than humans. smile

9. profile image0
    Marie Brannonposted 12 years ago

I would just be.  I would be the Great I AM.  For me, God is a noun, not a verb.  Whenever a person says "I am .....", they are speaking their individual expression of God.  So if I say "I'm a writer", I am at that moment expressing the Principle of communication through the written word.  Or to put it another way, "God communicates through the written word and I'm one expression of that principle".

10. Craig Suits profile image63
    Craig Suitsposted 12 years ago

Good question...I would start by educating everyone. Lacking education, humanity will always have all the same problems it has now. Education is the bottom line.

11. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 12 years ago

ok,
    Id find out what really happened at Rosewell NM,
    I would try to make rock so big I couldnt lift it.
    I'd see how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Charms Blow pop.
    I'd finally find out where Obama was born.
    I'd find out where DB Cooper and his money are.
    I'd go find out wat the aliens objective are and if its bad - I'd toast em after I gave hmans their technology.
    I'd get cures for all diseases.
    I'd would find all the rapists and child abusers and smite them.
    I replenish the ozone layer double thick-
    I'd find a needle in a hay stack
    walk on some water .
    Create more sharks in the oceans but not too many..
    I'd find out about the Mayans and 2012.
    i;d return sight to both my eyes. heck I'd cure all blindnes and deafness
    I;d find out how the egyptians mayas and incas built their pyramids
    id find out how the heads at Easter isle got there- and i'd make one smile.
    i'd check the trajectory of all meteors etc and divert them away from the earth.
    I'd learn how to juggle
    and
    I'd stop all wars and let each side realize what jerks they were.
    TH

12. fred allen profile image61
    fred allenposted 12 years ago

This question, whether or not it was intended, is set up to be a critique of the job God does being God. So far the answers indicate that many are disappointed with His performance. They also seem to indicate that some think they could do better. This presupposes that we being finite in our intelligence and understanding have a better grasp of the big picture than the One who created it and invites us to be a part of it. It's a question that should not be asked, out of reverence for the One who knows ALL. The only true answer that any of us is qualified to give is "I'd screw things up no matter how pure my intentions. There is NONE qualified for the position, except God Himself"

13. stevegriffin316 profile image60
    stevegriffin316posted 12 years ago

I would forgive everyone and teach them to forgive and forget and cancel everyone's debt that hurt them and teach them to forgive their self and put the past behind them . Because if you still live in the past , then God doesn't have use for you in his kingdom . I would show people how to love .

14. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 12 years ago

I did not see this film, but I think the lesson here is pretty good..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315327/

I would not change a thing...

15. Druid1952 profile image61
    Druid1952posted 12 years ago

Lots of answers and some really sappy ones too. I would simply make myself God for eternity!

16. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

I'd spend the time not only cleaning up this beautiful but polluted planet but ensuring that nature and wildlife are safe. I'd then concentrate on locking up the war mongers, fanatics, racists, bigots and the greedy fat cats who are bleeding the planet and her peoples dry!!

17. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

get rid of religion . there isn't one religion in the world that follows a god that is right or even practical. i'd make every religious nut unable to speak and then let the rest of the world live as they see fit.

18. Sottway profile image67
    Sottwayposted 12 years ago

Wow, my question has received a large response and it was brilliant to read through everyones replies.

This question has raised some fantastic answers. It's good to read about everyones views for me - some are greatly inspiring and some are very deep and thoughtful.

I appreciate the responses as ever.

19. Renee Abbott profile image81
    Renee Abbottposted 12 years ago

If I was God for a day, i would tell everyone to stop killing in my name. I would tell them my name has many names, and i do not mind what a person calls me. I would tell them they didnt need to believe in me, because i believe in them.

20. profile image0
    LogicalSparkposted 12 years ago

Do exactly what God does : (apparently)  nothing !

Life  & death  or  creation & destruction are too insignificant events to call for an intervention from God.

21. profile image0
    wilbury4posted 12 years ago

Which God would that be? And don't say there is only one as that would be disputed by followers of other religions.

22. rosariomontenegro profile image67
    rosariomontenegroposted 12 years ago

Since it seems that all was created by God, I would tweak my creation. Once and for all I would transform all the streams of consciousness that I´ve created in the past (all humans, angels, demons, beasts, spirits, lower spirits, mosquitoes, bed bugs ... every single one of them without exception) into replicas of myself ... omniscient, wise, all loving, all compassionate, perfect and happy beyond grasping by the ordinary consciousness of you, reader. Beyong grasping, that is, until I make you like Me.
    End of answer.
    Now talking seriously.
    The Fathers of the Church from the early centuries had a saying about the Incarnation: God became man so that man becomes God.
    So, extend that to all beings and my answer is not as crazy as it may sound.

23. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

Feed the hungry, heal the sick and bring peace to humanity. That's what I would do.

24. miz_debi profile image60
    miz_debiposted 12 years ago

This may sound cliche, but I would totally create world peace, whether my followers want it or not. World peace would end all bad things, because people would start caring about each other instead of themselves. Awesome question!

25. Moon Lightened profile image67
    Moon Lightenedposted 12 years ago

If I were god for a day, I would erase the current dogmatic religions and ask people to focus more on becoming self aware and self responsible and less on elitism and boundaries and differences.

26. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 12 years ago

I would beat the living crap out of everybody that did me wrong.

27. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 12 years ago

Would not want the job, because I would not want to hear you lot crying over all the mistakes you have made and then blaming me for all your faults...I would be like a landlord who  discovered how   you abused the property I have loaned you, would kick you all out on the street where you belong . I would most certainly not send my son whom I love very much as a ransom...nope I do not have that kind of love or patience...in Short  Your all would be Doomed :0) ..... arent you glad WE DONT HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!

28. Jarn profile image58
    Jarnposted 12 years ago

I'd freeze time but allow duration to continue so I could devise and implement a month-long plan. I'd create and seed the cures for all known illnesses into the minds of altruistic research physicians throughout the world, making them cheap and easily available. I'd give sources of cheap, infinitely renewable energy to the appropriate engineers. I'd develop tech capable of breaking down any pollutant and recombining it into useful materials, meaning waste and pollutions are things of the past. I'd reduce man's fertility rate and sex drive so that our population reduces and then evens out to about 3 billion in the next century or so, so that we will find an equilibrium with the world around us. I'd then find like-minded businessmen and politicians the world over and put them on the path to power with the eventual goal of establishing a worldwide economy in which any man or woman earns (at the very least) a living wage. These selfsame politicians would work to enforce the idea of the divide between church and state, rescind all laws which infringe upon the basic freedoms of man (focusing on free will and self-determination provided one does not infringe upon the rights of others), thereby ensuring wars of religious persecution would not receive state funding or sanction. Without that umbrella, crusades, jihads, and the like would fizzle out, what with those inciting such violence having nowhere to hide and no one in administrative power to rely on. Then I'd allow time to carry on, sit back, and watch as man heals himself.

29. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 12 years ago

If I were God for a day I would uncover inner peace in each and every being in this planet. Peace in the world cannot come about unless we have peace within- as we affect one another.  It is one reason why Ghandi said "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

30. Frank Menchise profile image53
    Frank Menchiseposted 12 years ago

I would show up and let the world know who I am, so that there won't be anymore atheists or unbelievers, and then I would open a way and let the people know how to reach me, so that a new way of understanding would be created between the people and I.

31. LailaK profile image70
    LailaKposted 12 years ago

I would heal the ill and feed the hungry. This may sound funny, but I would give people the opportunity to either live forever or go back in time. Thanks for asking this question...it is very creative!

32. baygirl33 profile image58
    baygirl33posted 12 years ago

I'd bring back my husband all strong and well and young .Then I'd make myself strong and young .Then we'd bring up our kids knowing what we know now.
    I would then wipe away sickness and pain,and hunger.

33. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 12 years ago

I'd stop religion so we could all get on peacefully. Then retire my post as God.

34. Ramsa1 profile image60
    Ramsa1posted 12 years ago

I would do just one thing: take away all of man's weapons. All of them.

35. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 12 years ago

Gosh, that is the toughest job ever.

I don't want it!

36. from planet earth profile image61
    from planet earthposted 12 years ago

First thing I would do is look for clues to Gods plan, then I would follow in his footsteps. Same thing we try to do now.

37. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 12 years ago

If I were deity, I would be doing precisely what our God is doing.

38. ithabise profile image71
    ithabiseposted 12 years ago

Abdicate the throne and leave matters to the only real one forever!

39. profile image0
    bigmoneyonlineposted 12 years ago

I love this question. If I were god for one day, I will sit down, relax and try to understand what is in the real God's mind why he allows negative things to happen in the world and mankind. With that understanding and I am back to being human again, I will be able to find ways to tell and explain to the world why these things happen.

40. profile image35
    LORD ENKIposted 12 years ago

RID This beautiful planet of it's HUMAN CANCER!

41. lorenmurcia profile image87
    lorenmurciaposted 12 years ago

If given the chance, I would cleanse the hearts of humanity. I'm going to remove  negative emotions like hatred, jealousy, envy and greed  which all make men sinners. These kinds of feeling are what make our world a nasty place to live in.

But of course God has a reason for allowing all these.

42. stariswhoiam profile image59
    stariswhoiamposted 12 years ago

I'd make it so that everyone has the happiest day they've ever had.

43. lalhtt profile image60
    lalhttposted 12 years ago

First thing I would not say "Oh my god!"....Then I would tell all the people (mostly foolish) "nobody like to get hurt (physical or verbal) including you and me (one day god) and of course all the animals, then learn how to live without hurting others - even without hurting others feelings - that is the only practical religion you can believe. You can say you belongs to what ever religion but until you adopt the non violence policy to live-with you are not a human."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)