jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Icemaker isn't working right. Advice, please?

1. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Icemaker isn't working right. Advice, please?

The ice cubes my freezer's icemaker produces are all hollow, like empty shells. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what to do about it?

2. pork22 profile image68
    pork22posted 7 years ago

Not enough water getting to the tray, check the filter if it has one. Might also be a mechanical problem in the fill valve.

3. Ivorwen profile image75
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I don't know the first thing about ice makers, but if your freezer is working, my advice is to fill a tub with water and freeze it.  You can break off small pieces to use with an ice pick or a sharp knife.  wink

4. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Jesus, did everyone really forget how to use ice trays, you know the way it was done before icemakers!

5. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Justom, first off, my name isn't Jesus. Second, if you've nothing useful to add, you're quite welcome to keep on your merry way, unless you're the sort who's lonely enough to actively pick fights just for the brief attention you receive. Thirdly, since I own an icemaker which is marginally functional, why on earth would I mess about with ice trays if all it takes to repair the blasted thing is some heavy lifting and a few minutes work with a screwdriver and wrench? No sense in throwing away what can be fixed.

working