jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how to get rid off carpet fleas?how to treat its allergic reactions on skin?

1. Mrs asif profile image59
    Mrs asifposted 7 years ago

how to get rid off carpet fleas?how to treat its allergic reactions on skin?

My friend got fleas in her home.  she also got severe skin  allergy reactions.She did fumigation but no good results.Actually when she rented this house it was ok but after few days she start noticing red bumps and itchy skin on her hands and feet.Then someone in neighbour told her that is because of carpet fleas or bugs.I think bug suck blood without any allergy but fleas do have allergy on skin and bad for asthmatics.What do u think about it?

2. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 7 years ago

Vacuum, apply flee killing powder, vacuum, vacuum, apply flee killing powder, vacuum.  Do as much as possible for couple of weeks and remove source of food ie: dogs, cats, etc..  Eventually they will die and their eggs too.

3. markcraw profile image37
    markcrawposted 7 years ago

To get rid of fleas you have to do two things. The first is get a professional insecticide that is going to kill the adult fleas, Then mix that with an insect growth regulator ( IGR ) that is specificlly labeled for fleas. A brand like precor works great!  Then you want to put on shoes and socks, read the label on both insecticides and mix the products together. You want to put them in a compressed air sprayer and pump it up till it is very high pressure then spray all the carpet. Then after you do that, it is good to do a aerosol treatment to get any leftovers the spray might have missed. After the spray dries, vaccuum the carpet thoroughly because when you vaccum it will simulate people walking on the carpet and will break the left over eggs open and then the fleas will come in contact with the insecticide and die.

This works pretty well but you may have to get a professional pest control person to help.

4. Mrs asif profile image59
    Mrs asifposted 7 years ago

thanks do u know any good brand of flea killer?

5. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

i had fleas soooo damn bad one summer,.... bet i spent 100$ trying to kill them to no avail,... little old lady standing next to me as i stared at the "raid" brand killers of every freeking thing,... said to me,...."what bug you got?" .....i told her fleas and she said,... "oh, no big deal, throw baking soda all over the whole house, walk it into the carpets, then next day, vacume it up. do this every day for 2-3 weeks.... fleas cant burp, they lick it off themselves and bloat and die,... in three weeks time you will get past the hatch out time of the eggs,... and your carpets will smell better."

so for the price of a box of baking soda per day, and my home looking like a cocain spill,... it worked.

hope this helps..... would love to know what eventualy worked for you.