jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

what do you call people who don't ever want to leave the house?

1. tlouise11 profile image60
    tlouise11posted 7 years ago

what do you call people who don't ever want to leave the house?

There was this girl that was a user of drugs, and ever since she started she never wants to leave the house and this is a year later, Going to the store every once in a while , Someone will have to go with ,but thats the only way she goes to the store . And she is just in a hurry to get back home.

2. peterxdunn profile image61
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

I think the word you are looking for is 'agoraphobiac': a person that suffers panic attacks when in crowded places such as shopping malls. In severe cases sufferers become housebound and refuse to step outside their home/comfort zone.

With the girl that you describe, however, it could be something more serious. It sounds to me like she is suffering from drug induced paranoia -with agoraphobia being only a symptom of this mentally debilitating desease.

Your friend needs to seek help with her drug problem immediately as paranoia - left untreated -could develop into paranoid schizophrenia: which might well make her dangerously delusional to herself and others.

3. sturner1 profile image67
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

Antisocial, agoraphobic, social anxiety disorder. Also some of the people that you see on the Hoarder tv shows. Due to the drug issue which is documented to cause paranoia, depression, and feel like people are out to get you, she really needs to seek medical treatment.

4. ThroughGlass profile image60
    ThroughGlassposted 6 years ago

It's agoraphobic.

But i call them Hermits.

5. raucciwrites profile image85
    raucciwritesposted 3 weeks ago

Introverted, antisocial, agoraphobic

working