jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is This the most Useless Gadget Ever ?

1. Merlin Fraser profile image75
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

Watch the advert,

http://youtu.be/pcgpdI_2cko

Germs on top of a Soap Pump Handle !!!

Something you touch then within five seconds you wash your hands and your life is in danger ?

Apparently they've sold thousands of these things,  especially in the US of A !!!

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I actually like the motion sensor soap/tap(faucet)/hand dryer combination in bathrooms, and think they are a great idea for hospitals!

Have had the occasional nightmare situation where you go to turn on a tap, it is wet, and then your hand smells a little bit like urine.  I am from Selby though!

Merlin Fraserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

These ones are for the home.. presumably... I know kids touch some pretty disgusting things, well this kid did, but Hells Bells this is preying on paranoia surely ?

1. IzzyM profile image90
          IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Its more than paranoia, its a clever marketing ploy to make us think that all germs are bad, when they aren't.
          Obviously medical and nursing staff in hospitals need this kind of thing because of the danger of cross-infection in open wounds, but definitely NOT in the home.
          Children build a natural immunity to germs by handling them. Products like this are more likely to make children, especially, sick.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know, I always cringe when I see that commercial.

2. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

And just to add to my own reply, there are more good germs than there are bad. It would make far more sense bottling the good germs and spreading them around on hospital floors and suchlike instead of using germ killing products. The good germs eat the bad germs and left to nature, our hospitals would not now be filled with MRSA and all the other really dangerous bugs that are killing in-patients day in, day out.

Merlin Fraserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ever since I was a kid Dettol and Domestos have been able to kill 99% of all germs dead....

I have lived in fear of that 1% ever since.

I know what you're saying about Germs and hospitals, Bring back the Matron's and get rid of political correctness and the Health and Safety Mob.

Bring back Common sense Reason and Logic...!!

3. Merlin Fraser profile image75
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

Received this on a Hub of the same name just had to share

http://www.flixxy.com/revolving-house-architecture.htm

I suppose it's a brilliant enginerring idea but it begs the question  Why Bother ?  And if you do and your house is going to follow the sun wouldn't it a good idea to fit solar pannels to power the supid thing ?

4. camlo profile image88
    camloposted 6 years ago

Well, since I wash my hands directly after pressing the top of the dispenser, I really don't see what harm pressing it can do - I only need to press it once before washing.

There was an advert here in Germany where a housewife uses anti-bacterial wipes on the mouthpiece of a telephone receiver directly after her husband has made a call. Sometimes the ads are more entertaining that the programs.

working