jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever sold your home, and return to it every once in awhile to take a lo

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Have you ever sold your home, and return to it every once in awhile to take a look at it again?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Great Question , as in many things in life , I do that!  I actually missed my log cabin until I saw what the property taxes were , $4,000 a year! No thanks.

3. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I do this with homes that I even rented. It is a good trip down memory lane.

4. SimplicityStew profile image58
    SimplicityStewposted 7 years ago

Recently, I had the unpleasant task of attending an aunt's funeral in the town I was born. I went by all the old homesteads. I even made pictures of myself sitting on the porches of these old family homes, that were long ago sold. It had been over 25 years since I had been to any of them. I currently buy and sell homes, and I always drive by them if I am in the area. It reminds me of an old country song by Merle Haggard, "Three miles down a gravel road, I could see the proud old home, a tribute to a way of life that's almost come and gone. The roots of my rasin' run deep, I come back for the strength that I need, and hope comes no matter how far down I sink, the roots of my raisin' run deep."

5. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

I did that once and found it very disturbing. It looked the same, at least from the outside, but I was overcome with a tremendous sense of loss. The strange thing was I liked the house, when I lived there, but I didn't think I liked it that much!

6. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I have done this also.  It is a sentimental drive through and I do it every now and then.