jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?  If yes, did they pick it up at your home or did you meet them somewhere else?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7167068_f260.jpg

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I was giving about $1000 of clothes away for free on Craigslist - I lost a lot of weight and couldn't wear them anymore. I had several people contact me about them, but they all seemed to want me to drive the box 60+ miles away to deliver it to them. I thought that was pretty dang selfish for $1000 worth of clothes! I ended up mailing them to my sister in law.

3. Angela Blair profile image80
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

I've sold lots on Craigs List and each time has been easy and satisfying. I must admit, however, that I'm extremely cautious about selling to strangers and take full advantage of all the safety suggestions we've all been advised about. As in anything where one is dealing with an unknown -- let common sense prevail!

4. eric2112 profile image82
    eric2112posted 5 years ago

I've both sold and bought on Craigslist quite a bit. In fact, I got my most recent cellphone from someone on there since Verizon started getting greedy with their subsidies.

In most cases, I tend to meet the person half way. The reason for this, is that I would really rather strangers NOT know where my family and I live, and I would also rather not go to that same strangers home. Safety first.

I wrote a Hub on Craigslist scams, but it also covers safety. Feel free to check it out.

Cheers!

5. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

No I have not but I have bought a lot from craigslist. I try to meet in a mutual location like a public park or library. Unless I am renting an apartment, then I meet at the apartment.

6. Troyangeluk profile image50
    Troyangelukposted 5 years ago

never used it, americans love it so if your american s'all good

7. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

I've sold furniture and a car.  I used to be a huge fan, but I haven't been as happy lately because the number of scam answers seems to be increasing.

working