jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I live in the Philippines and would love to grow my own kiwi fruit, will they gr

1. profile image49
    Norman Higginsposted 6 years ago

I live in the Philippines and would love to grow my own kiwi fruit, will they grow here?

Any suggestions please? Norman

2. IzzyM profile image90
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I've actually no idea what the climate is like in the Philippines, but I imagine it to be tropical or subtropical. I think kiwis prefer places with a higher rainfall, so if you have that, plus heat, you should be OK. Give it a try and see  smile

3. andersonKevin profile image57
    andersonKevinposted 6 years ago

Kiwifruit can grow wherever citrus fruits, almonds and peaches grows. This Hardy Kiwifruit withstands sub-zero temperatures after dormancy. Kiwi plant can survive anywhere because it grows almost like a weed. Plant kiwifruit seeds in the spring. Locate a sunny area with partial shaded that supports a trellis system or patio cover. Prepare well drained, rich soil with a pH of 5 to 6.5. Water throughout the season. Kiwifruit grows best with a large amount of water, especially in dry, hot summers. Apply nitrogen rich fertilizer in the first half of the season.

4. Jayvee Santos profile image60
    Jayvee Santosposted 12 months ago

Yes you would grow kiwi fruit here.. I do have some of them here in Morong, Bataan. Around 16 vines about 2-3mtrs in length. 'm still waiting for flowering period and blooming of fruits..  And still I dont know what gender i do have now.

working