jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If someone found you through the internet and contacted you through yout phone,w

1. Alya rose profile image58
    Alya roseposted 7 years ago

If someone found you through the internet and contacted you through yout phone,what would you do?

Would you go automatically to the police?or would you wait for further evidence of psychosis?please be specific.

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 7 years ago

I would be pretty upset since my phone number is unpublished for a reason.  I would want to know the name of the site and contact them.  I don't know if I would go to the police immediately.  Depends on how creepy the person is on the other line.

3. profile image0
    premit88posted 7 years ago

if a boy is calling you...that means definately he is interested in you......being specific you should wait for sometime...and if it annoys you....shut that topic and threat him not to call you again..

4. Alya rose profile image58
    Alya roseposted 7 years ago

Ok lets say this person is a huge creeper with a terrifying voice who leaves Vulgar messages and asks you to do things.What then?

5. profile image0
    Mauri2posted 7 years ago

Hi there - Hackers are always looking for an opportunity to hack into you personal info. Once they get into your Net information it will only be a matter of time when they have access to your phone number as well. What I do is change my password periodically plus purchase the most up-to-date anti virus software. All the best.

6. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

That would depend on who it was.  If it's a telemarketer, I'll see it on my caller-id and ignore the call.  If it's a friend, I'll answer. If it's some total stranger, I'll see that on my caller-id and ignore the call.

7. zduckman profile image59
    zduckmanposted 7 years ago

depends if it was a man or woman ...and what they were contacting me for. An old friend or flame...or a brash sales person.

8. Cheeky Girl profile image73
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

Wow, Alya - that is serious. If I knew the culprit, I'd try catch him in the act. Most criminals get caught through their mistakes. Let them make them. Or tell a responsible friend and get advice. You might know someone who's had that experience. Most people like doing that because they think they have a power over the person if they can illicit some kind of reaction. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Tell your phone supplier, they may be able to get the number blocked. You can be put on a list so that people calling you get put through to a police officer first who screens the callers. Private companies do that too.

Another idea is to make your private information more private on the net, like with Facebook or whatever. Restrict some information. Adjust your privacy settings on social networks you are with. The police can help here a lot too!