jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What fruit or vegetable have you grown before?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 7 years ago

What fruit or vegetable have you grown before?

When I was a child, I helped growing corn, strawberries, and collard greens.

2. Tina Julich profile image79
    Tina Julichposted 7 years ago

I have grown many fruits and vegetables. My favorite is canteloupe, but i love beans, tomatoes, squash, okra, the list goes on and on. My 'orchard' has pear, peach, fig and apple trees. Hopefully this year the trees will be old enough to bear fruit.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

We live in an area where it is very hard to garden because of the short season.  We have had some great zucchini though.

4. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 7 years ago

tomatoes, butternut squash, many kinds of peppers and chilli, calamansi, and lemon to name a few.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

As I've already stated tonight - I'm in Texas.  I've a garden that I help with, and we grow tomatoes, potatoes, squash, jalapeƱo peppers, okra, black eye'd peas, onions, garlic, . . . .and probably some others that I can't think of at the moment.

I'm positive that I'm mixing the fall and Summer garden's together here.  We can also grow cantaloupe (they grow like crazy) and watermelons (small, not nearly as well as the cantaloupe) during the Summers.

Birds often peck at the tomatoes, and this often destroys them; so we've hydroponic indoor cherry tomato growing going on as well.

6. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 7 years ago

I had a wonderful garden in Virginia when we lived there a couple years - all the usual summer stuff, beans, tomatoes, cukes, etc.

Here in IL, we've grown okra beans and tomatoes before but now I belong to a community garden and collectively we grow and share much more.

7. beverlyannblock profile image58
    beverlyannblockposted 7 years ago

I have grown peas, bean, asparagus, which takes a long time to grow, lettuce, string beans and beets.

working