jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you plant a vegetable garden?

1. Inventurist profile image77
    Inventuristposted 6 years ago

Do you plant a vegetable garden?

I started planting a raised bed garden two years ago. Now I look so forward to my first harvest (and so do my neighbors). I used railroad ties - two long, one deep - to make the shape, filled the bed with mulch, soil, and worms. This year - strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, peas, okra, zuchinni and yellow squash. I also have blueberries, grapes, blackberries and apples!

2. JD Barlow profile image60
    JD Barlowposted 6 years ago

Most definitely! Without one, we would not be able to keep our food budget at $50 a week for two adults!

3. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I have had a few gardens in my lifetime, but never enough to support my family. I have a very small yard and since I live on a steep hill, I get a lot of shadows and not much light. Someday when I get a bigger place, I want the "ultimate" garden so that I can share with anyone who needs it!

4. Robertj64 profile image71
    Robertj64posted 6 years ago

Hi there,
    I have answered your question on my hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Corner-Hub-Thur … -12th-2011

5. Patsybell profile image90
    Patsybellposted 6 years ago

I am growing seedlings now that will go into the garden in six to eight weeks. A dozen different tomatoes, peppers, squash, beans will be main crops. Early spring peas and salad greens, raddishes, scallions will start the garden season.

6. sgbrown profile image97
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

Wow! You are making good use of that space, that's a lot of vegetables! My hubby and I have planted a garden every year for the past 25 years. Our garden plot is about 30 x 50 feet. We plant, onions, garlic, spinach, okra, green beans, black-eyed peas, cucumbers, (mainly for making pickles), squash, tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers and banana peppers. That is about all I can keep up with! Happy Gardening!