jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

What's your favorite plant to grow in your vegetable/herb/fruit garden?

1. BWD316 profile image85
    BWD316posted 2 years ago

What's your favorite plant to grow in your vegetable/herb/fruit garden?

I love growing food to eat in my garden. I have a vegetable garden, some berry plants and herbs. I love growing cherry tomatoes, raspberries and pineapple sage. What's your favorite plants to grow?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12356785_f260.jpg

2. thumbi7 profile image64
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

I like to grow tomatoes, mint, coriander, bitter gourd, peas and cucmber.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Cherry tomatoes, potatoes, basil, onions, garlic, and peppers are my favorite. As long as I have thee I can make meals without having to buy much. I have yet to try fruits, but I would love to grow blueberries and figs.

4. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12540915_f260.jpg

For John it is some variety of tomato (we have grown many varieties including Big Boy, Better Boy,  Beefmaster, Beefsteak, Bragger, Giant Belgium, Mortgage Lifter...). I am mostly Canadian and Irish; however, my stomach is Italian (I suspect a significantly covert organ transplant; yet I have no proof). Thus, the versatile tomato, the primary ingredient of my Italian loving gastronomically centered activity is ideal...

BWD316posted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol! I'm of Irish and english ancestry yet I love my garden tomatoes...must be some kind of conspiracy! Then again, I do love potatoes too! Thanks for the comment

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Aww nothing like a conspiracy theory to enhance Hubpages...

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

Marijuana.

No, I'm kidding.  I do not have a garden.

6. Evane profile image56
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

I love to grow tomatoes and peppers. I love to see them in groups. I also love growing pineapples because they require less maintenance.

Yum! I wish I could grow pineapple! It's not completely impossible but pretty difficult since I would have to bring the plant indoors during the winter months!

7. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Tomatoes, because there's nothing like a ripe, warm tomato, fresh off the vine. They're so good, I don't even bother buying grocery store tomatoes. I treat them as seasonal fruit, like cherries, and only eat them from the garden.

Okra, because it's easy, prolific, and so pretty. The flowers look like hibiscus or rock rose. I can pretty much just throw the seeds into the ground, and water every other day, and end up with a huge crop.

Rosemary, because once it's established here, it requires no water or care. Likewise, oregano, which I use as a landscaping ground cover in the front yard.

I agree, nothing beats a garden grown tomato.  I've bought tomatoes in the store during the winter and they have absolutely no taste!  I didn't realize Okra yield such a big crop, I may need to try that next year!

8. Patsybell profile image87
    Patsybellposted 2 years ago

Asparagus. It's originally a lot of hard work and expense, but you get year and years of spring produce for a bargain price.

working