jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you choose hand crafted...or mass produced?

1. Artist-For-Hire profile image68
    Artist-For-Hireposted 6 years ago

Do you choose hand crafted...or mass produced?

Today's world seems increasingly hund up on "Buy Now, Pay Later" and fast food, not good food.

So which item would you buy - the hand crafted with love item ($15) or the mass produced one ($10)?

2. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 6 years ago

Hmmm, almost like saying organic or not... Like very many folks during these moments, the price of buying something is more important than the cost of it being manufactured.  $10 and in many cases, also with love at the same purchase price...

3. Green Art profile image79
    Green Artposted 6 years ago

I prefer hand crafted over mass produced items any day.  I would much rather own a one of a kind homemade quilt sewn over time to keep me warm than a mass produced one that will most likely fall apart after a few normal washings.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I like handcrafted items if they are well done.  Someone once handed me an empty shotgun shell with a red felt hat, and a piece of cotton glued on it and said it was a Santa Claus and they were selling them in a craft show.

That kind of stuff is junk to me.  I love real quality, hand crafted items and when I can afford it, don't mind paying a little more for the unique item.

5. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I almost always favor hand crafted items, especially if they are from local artisans. L.L. Bean makes their shoes by hand in the USA and has a 100% money back, lifetime guarantee. I like that!

JSMatthew~

6. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

It  really depends on my budget. When I buy clothes, accessories, or decorative pieces-  I either buy hand-crafted or mass-produced with the unique details of an artisan's piece.

7. profile image57
    ASupertrampposted 6 years ago

I would prefer to buy hand crafted most of the times. But unfortunately the price is very important to me and when I have to choose there is no other option than mass produced.

8. nicolestrovich548 profile image60
    nicolestrovich548posted 5 years ago

I still prefer hand crafted. They are really the best for me. Click here: http://corkboardsheets.com to know more about it.

9. CraftyMcClever profile image74
    CraftyMcCleverposted 5 years ago

Hand crafted all the way because its more than an item people put though and consideration into that piece rather than it came off an assembly line with thousands like it. Every piece is unique when you hand craft it.

working