jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How resourceful are you? Name some things you have substituted in the place of

1. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

How resourceful are you?  Name some things you have substituted in the place of something else.

For example, dryer sheets to make your drawers smell good or dust the blinds, vinegar instead of Windex, etc.

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

My resourcefulness is usually most apparent in the things I've done to keep my car running. I've patched holes in the gas tank with paper towels and gorilla glue, secured components with strips of phone cable (instead of bolting them in) and bypassed electrical systems that burned out. At one point, I also had a car with three different sizes of tire on it! big_smile

3. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

That is certainly a tough act to follow!

4. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I was visiting my friend one day, and I was taking the bus back home. When I was walking to the bus stop, my sandal strap gave way, plus the entire bottom part of the shoe was hanging on by a few strands!

I had an umbrella with me, so I took the black cord off the handle (using a pen to do that) and then I tied it in such a way that the bottom of the shoe was strapped securely to the rest of the shoe. I then used a safety pin to attach the strap back to the shoe.
    That was able to get me back home safely, but with sore feet, but oh well.

I felt like quite the MacGyver smile

working