jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the largest pumpkin you've ever grown?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

What is the largest pumpkin you've ever grown?

2. Patchouly Gold profile image59
    Patchouly Goldposted 6 years ago

Honestly...... I have never grown pumpkins. Wish I had the space to then I would. Sorry I couldn't answer this question.

3. chspublish profile image81
    chspublishposted 6 years ago

Not a very large one, though I did try to germinate the Atlantic Giant variety that is suitable for this climate.
    Unless the seedling starts off under plastic or glass in this temperate climate, the growing season is never long enough.
    Some farmers here in this country have seen the profitable advantage in growing the commercial variety for the Hallowe'en festival. Even their professional growing varieties, however, do not exceed a medium sized pumpkin.
    Good question. Hope someone here has grown a large one.

4. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Hey Susan, I had to laugh out loud at this one....but mostly at myself.....I have trouble "keeping" plants alive that someone else planted a pumpkin would be way over my head in even attempting. LOL.  However, I am in awe of those who can.

5. workwithnature profile image61
    workwithnatureposted 6 years ago

Hi Susan.
    Thanks for taking an interest. I have grown some real big ones. To big to lift smile I am making a video for my youtube channel, this year on how to grow them, step by step. I will post the results in summer. Thanks. Have a lovely day smile

working